“Imagine if you could invigorate your life just by changing what you eat! Would you alter your diet for a chance at sustained health and optimal longevity? How far would you go to attain your best body, best looks, clearest mind, and highest energy?” – Jenny Ross
After struggling from a number of painful and debilitating diseases, all onset by her teens, Jenny Ross realized that her food awareness and dietary habits had to change. Fast forward a few decades, and Jenny is a devoted raw food eater who recognized the power of food to heal. By focusing on high-quality fruits, vegetables, seeds, and nuts, it is possible to be healthy, pain-free, and creative with food.
Ross walks readers through “why” of raw organic food is ideal and “how” ingredients can heal your body. Because raw foods are nutritionally dense, each of the recipes featured in the book is gloriously healthy, but absolutely delicious. The Supergreen Smoothie, Creative Crunchy Granola, Avocado ‘Omega’ Wrap, Curry-Marinated Asian Broccoli, Tomato Stacks with Spinach Pesto Filling, and Vegetable Quiche are just a few of the delicious options in the book. (As a bonus, most recipes come with a reminder of the nutrients provided by this food combination.) There is even a three day “Jump Start” to ease readers into a raw lifestyle.
Blueberry No-Bake Coconut Cookies
2/3 cup dates
2 Tablespoons coconut butter
1 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
2 cups coconut flakes or raw dessicated coconut
2 Tablespoons maca root
1/3 cup hemp seeds
16 ounces blueberries
1. In a food processor fitted with the S-blade, process the dates into a paste.
2. Add the coconut butter, followed by the coconut flour, sea salt, and coconut flakes. Process into a dough-like mixture.
3. Add the maca root and hemp seeds; pulse.
4. Add the blueberries and pulse again briefly.
5. Scoop out 2-inch balls and place into paper candy cups.
6. Refrigerate and enjoy throughout the week as a breakfast snack or dessert.